Come to the FAIR!
The GENEALOGY FAIR!!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2010 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 17699 Camino de las Quintas, Sahuarita, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. No admission charge, it’s all free.
Watch for signs on La Cañada north of Duval Mine Rd at Camino Antigua. Many items of interest for those just thinking about searching for their ancestors to the well-traveled genealogists. All are welcome. There will be displays that cover the ins and outs of finding your ancestors, genealogy program demonstrations, scrapbooking, DNA information, tours of the Family History Center, Mini-classes, and many more interesting booths and demonstrations. Something for everyone!
Free handouts and door prizes!
Contact Clarice Bird 648-3354 or see the GVGS web site for more details.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 46,820 hits