The meeting was called to order by President Norma Schellberg at 1 PM.
Norma Schellberg welcomed 64 members and 3 guests and made the following announcements:
- There were items on a back table being offered for sale. Members were encouraged to make generous offers on them (mostly equipment that was replaced with new equipment).
- There is an ASGS meeting tonight at 7 PM in Tucson on “Creating Eye-catching PowerPoint Presentations.”
- The Green Valley Genealogy Fair is Saturday, Nov. 20, from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Dues for January 1 through December 31, 2011 are being accepted.
- Cleo Wolf will start taking money for the Club Banquet next month. The Banquet is February 5, 2011 with speaker Jack Lasseter.
- Flyers for a new Scrap and Crop Club were available with the thought that members might want to “Scrapbook” their family histories.
MINUTES: The Minutes from the October 12 meeting were approved as posted on the Club’s website.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Cleo Wolf noted that the October Treasurer’s report is posted on the website. She also reminded members to please pay 10 cents per page for copies in the Society’s room.
- Ancestral Search – Russ Krecklow reported for Barbara that the MAC is now hooked up to its own printer. We still need new facilitators and monitors.
- Beginner’s Class – Russ reported that the class is full at 20; however, there is a waiting list in case of cancellations.
- Club Fair – Karen Hasselbach sent around a sign-up sheet for the January 14 Fair. The Fair is from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer needs another person to assist. Someone with computer skills would be good.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy announced several trips that had sign-up sheets at the back. They can also be found on the website.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis said there are photos of 7 generations of Nancy Hook’s family on the wall in the Genealogy Room. Family photos are welcome. Copies only please and 4” by 6” work best.
- Hospitality – signup sheets for cookies/treats at future meetings were available.
- Library – Mike Carroll reported a new donation – a book by our own President Norma Schellberg on her father. He said it is well done. He also reminded members to sign up for the new list serve as the old one will be discontinued in January.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 124 paid up members.
- Program – Evelyn Thompson had no report.
- SIGS – Helen Jeannette reported that we have 4 SIGS – Colonial Virginia, Ireland, Family Treemaker, and Legacy. The England SIG ends this month as the leader is moving back to England. There will be no meetings of the SIGS in December.
- Norma reported that 5 new computers and a new printer that have been installed in the Genealogy room. A BIG THANK YOU was given to Russ and Barbara Krecklow for all their work in making this happen. They spent a lot of time on the project and Russ is still there as the bugs are worked out.
- Norma reported on the meeting with the SCV Foundation. We could receive up to $3,100 from the Foundation; however, only up to $500 would come from the Foundation itself. The rest must be from donations designated for the Genealogy Club Project. Members are encouraged to donate for our project, and also “pay up front” with an undesignated donation. Flyers were handed out.
Norma asked members to be thinking of ideas for raising money to replenish our asset reserve.
The meeting was adjourned by President by Norma Schellberg at 1:30 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary