The Arizona Historical Society (AHS) is sponsoring a cemetery tour on Saturday morning March 19th. The tour is at Holy Hope Cemetery, 3555 N. Oracle Rd. It includes visiting gravesites of Tucson pioneers, and stories of early Tucson told by living history interpreters. It’s followed by an hour-long presentation on “Decoding Gravestones.” The fees are $10 for the tour and $5 for the presentation. RSVP date is March 16. See the two-page flier for full details and a registration form.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 46,810 hits