The meeting was called to order by President Norma Schellberg at 1 PM on Tuesday March 8, 2011.
President’s Report: Norma welcomed 60 members and 2 guests. She announced the SaddleBrooke Genealogy Club has two upcoming events:
- Irish Heritage & Genealogy Program, March 10: Those interested in attending must contact Joan Eddy as this is not open to the public.
- Workshop, March 15: This is open to the public but is not free. Those interested in attending must print this form and mail in their check.
Minutes: The Minutes from the January 11 meeting were approved as posted on the Club’s website.
Treasurer’s Reports: The January and February Treasurer’s reports are posted on the website.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow reported that 30 facilitators have been trained. We need volunteers for the summer months.
- Beginner’s Class – The class completed yesterday.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – See the above announcements about SaddleBrooke events.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – Some new photos are lacking background info; please contact her if you donated one recently.
- Hospitality – Bonnie McGregor – Especially need folks who can sign up now for October. Thank you to those who brought treats today.
- Swedish SIG – Joan Allen announced it will meet Friday at 1 in Havasu.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 146 members.
- Program – Evelyn Thomson said the committee is finishing work on the 2011-2012 programs.
- SIGs – Helen Jennette reported meeting dates for our various Special Interest Groups. See Russ’s weekly calendar for times & places.
- Special Q & A session: Lynne Brooke will offer a question and answer session on the DAR and other lineage societies. Come to the Havasu Room (genealogy library ) any time between 1 and 3 on Thursday March 17 with your questions.
- Family Tree Maker 2011 has been installed on all the PCs in the Genealogy Room.
- The Nominating Committee presented its slate of candidates for next year’s board:
- President: Mike Carroll
- Vice President: Darwin Thornton
- Secretary: Kathy Davidson
- Treasurer: Ken Jordan
- Member-at-Large: Karen Hasselbach
There was a discussion of whether to continue the annual banquet in its current form. The consensus of the membership was that we should continue to have an annual social event. But it need not have a speaker, and it might be preferable to allow more socializing than the banquet does. A party with wine and cheese or ethnic food might be preferable.
The meeting was adjourned by President Norma Schellberg at 1:30 PM.
Mike Carroll, VP, for Kathy Davidson, Secretary