The meeting was called to order by President Norma Schellberg at 1 PM.
Norma Schellberg welcomed 58 members and 3 guests.
MINUTES: The Minutes from the March 8, 2011 meeting were accepted as posted on the Club’s website.
TREASURER’S REPORT: The March report is posted on the website.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow reported that 33 facilitators have been trained. Volunteers are needed for the summer. Sign-up sheets were available at the meeting and will be available in the Genealogy Room.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer would like to have some new family trees for this fall.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – new photos from the beginner class are up. Other photos are welcome, 4” by 6” and copies only. Please include information on who is in the picture and when it was taken.
- Hospitality – Bonnie McGregor – Bonnie thanked those who brought treats today. Signup sheets for meetings next fall were available on the table.
- Library – Mike Carroll is looking for a couple of volunteers as Diane Smith and Joan Allen are retiring from that committee.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 151 members.
- Program – Norma will present next month’s program on how to write your family history.
- SIGs – Helen Jennette reported that most SIGs don’t meet during the summer but schedules for those meetings coming up are on the website.
- BY-LAWS – Norma has volunteered to work on them next year. The previous effort to update them was sidetracked when Liz Kelly passed away.
- The slate of candidates for the new Board was unanimously elected by the members present at the meeting. The new officers are: Mike Carroll, President; Darwin Thornton, Vice President; Kathy Davidson, Secretary; Ken Jordan, Treasurer, and Karen Hasselbach, Member at Large.
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR: JOAN EDDY was named Volunteer of the Year. Unfortunately, Joan could not be at the meeting, but Norma called her during the break to tell her. The announcement was met with enthusiasm. A write-up of Joan’s contributions to the Club, which are numerous, will be posted on the website. Congratulations Joan!!
The meeting was adjourned by President by Norma Schellberg at 1:20 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary