Maybe summertime is when you take a break from serious genealogical research. Still, lying there in the sun on the beach, you miss it just a little. Pam Cooper, who’s a genealogy librarian from Vero Beach, Florida, has compiled a list for you. Most of the books are classified as fiction or mysteries. If you’re interested, have a look at Books with a Genealogical Theme. There’s even one by Elizabeth Shown Mills!
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 49,373 hits