The meeting was called to order by President Mike Carroll at 1 PM.
Mike welcomed 41 members and 10 guests and announced the following meetings and workshops. Information and links for all of them are found on our website:
- The Pima County GS will meet this Saturday, Oct. 15, from 1-3:30 PM at UMC.
- The Green Valley GS meets on Oct. 20 from 1-3 PM at the St. Francis in the Valley Episcopal Church, Green Valley.
- There is a workshop with many different topics being held at the Langley FHC on Saturday, Oct. 29 from 8-4. Joan Eddy has details about carpooling.
- The SaddleBrooke Genealogy Club will meet on Thursday, Nov. 3.
MINUTES: The minutes of the May General meeting were approved as written and as posted on our website.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Posted on our website and will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow said she’s had great response from facilitators.
- Beginners Class – Barb Krecklow – Classes will be held on Fridays this year in months of January and February. Four people have signed up with many, many more inquiries.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer and Stephanie Consalvo – see Timelines in our Display case in the Vistoso Center – Timelines of SCV and the Genealogy Society.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – Signup sheets in the back of room.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – always looking for new photos. Copies only.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson – we have volunteers signed up for November. Signup sheets for other months available. Also, Sue Huffer reported that at the February meeting we will have a celebration of Arizona’s 100th birthday as a State. This is in lieu of the banquet, as voted on earlier in the year. Also, we are looking for a co-chair for the Hospitality Committee.
- Library – Mike reported that Jerry Jones has had 2 articles published. One in the North Carolina Genealogical Journal and one in the Virginia Genealogy Society magazine. Both are available in our library.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 162 members.
- Program – no report.
- Labels for Education – Sue Huffer and Bonnie McGregor, both members of the DAR, announced that the DAR is collecting the “Labels for Education “ that are found on some food products, like Campbell’s Soups, and are particularly supporting schools for Native Americans. You can bring them to the Genealogy room. Also, Sue and Bonnie are hosting a meeting at 1:30 PM on Thursday, Nov. 17 in the Havasu Room for people who might have questions about the DAR and what is required to become a member.
OLD BUSINESS: None
NEW BUSINESS: None
The meeting was adjourned by President Mike Carroll at 1:30 PM. The next meeting will be on November 8, 2011.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary