At the recent Genealogy Fair hosted by the FHC of the Kenyon LDS Church, I sat in on a session by Pam Ingermanson entitled “Using Social Networking for Genealogy”. She introduced us to a website that may assist you in getting input from relatives. If your family is anything like mine, there are only two or three cousins who are attempting to build our trees. Pam said to start at http://www.fold3.com then click on Memorials (near the top of the page). Fold 3 has created a page for every name in the Social Security Death Index and the WWII Enlistment records. That’s about 79 million pages. But the best part is – – IT’S FREE ! Anyone can view the pages but to edit or create a page, just register. No need to subscribe to Fold 3. Submitting photos or adding information can be a great way to get others involved without them realizing it. Check it out.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 49,765 hits