At the recent Genealogy Fair hosted by the FHC of the Kenyon LDS Church, I sat in on a session by Pam Ingermanson entitled “Using Social Networking for Genealogy”. She introduced us to a website that may assist you in getting input from relatives. If your family is anything like mine, there are only two or three cousins who are attempting to build our trees. Pam said to start at http://www.fold3.com then click on Memorials (near the top of the page). Fold 3 has created a page for every name in the Social Security Death Index and the WWII Enlistment records. That’s about 79 million pages. But the best part is – – IT’S FREE ! Anyone can view the pages but to edit or create a page, just register. No need to subscribe to Fold 3. Submitting photos or adding information can be a great way to get others involved without them realizing it. Check it out.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 8, 2019 Paper Trail of Death by Amy Urman of Nosy Wilma, LLC
- February 12, 2019 MindMapping by Nicole Elder Dyer
- March 12, 2019 MyHeritage by Sue Cerri from Sunflower Genealogy Club
- April 9, 2019 What Does Your Handwriting Reveal about your Self Confidence by Vesta Abel
- May 14, 2019 – to be announced
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 44,285 hits