At the recent Genealogy Fair hosted by the FHC of the Kenyon LDS Church, I sat in on a session by Pam Ingermanson entitled “Using Social Networking for Genealogy”. She introduced us to a website that may assist you in getting input from relatives. If your family is anything like mine, there are only two or three cousins who are attempting to build our trees. Pam said to start at http://www.fold3.com then click on Memorials (near the top of the page). Fold 3 has created a page for every name in the Social Security Death Index and the WWII Enlistment records. That’s about 79 million pages. But the best part is – – IT’S FREE ! Anyone can view the pages but to edit or create a page, just register. No need to subscribe to Fold 3. Submitting photos or adding information can be a great way to get others involved without them realizing it. Check it out.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,240 hits