The meeting was called to order by President Mike Carroll at 1 PM.
Mike welcomed 55 members and 9 guests.
- Kathy Davidson volunteered to be the Courtyard Sale coordinator for the Society. The sale is March 31. Further information will be forthcoming.
- Darwin Thornton, VP, showed examples of the SCVGS club shirts. One is a white short-sleeved polo shirt ($20) and the other is long-sleeved faded blue denim ($25). Both have the club emblem sewn on and a name can be added for $.50 (polo) or $1.00 (denim) extra. Darwin will be taking orders today and for the next few meetings. He announced that you may buy as many as you want.
- The GVGS is having their December meeting on Thursday of this week.
- January 20th and 21st: Family History Expo in Mesa. Agenda and list of speakers is now available.
- January 28: Casa Grande: Pinal County Genealogists annual workshop.
- February 18: GVGS annual seminar, further information on their website.
- February 18: Sun City (Phoenix) West Valley GS seminar.
- No meeting of Pima County GS in December.
- No meeting of SaddleBrooke GC in December.
Minutes of the November General Meeting were approved as posted on our website.
Treasurer’s Report as posted on website will be filed for audit. Reminder that dues for 2012 are due now. They are $15 per individual; $25 per household.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow – Please do not turn computers in lab off. They go to sleep automatically.
- Beginners Class – Bark Krecklow – class is full and there is a waiting list. Reminder that fee for class and dues must be paid before the class starts.
- Bylaws – Norma Schellberg – Norma, Russ Krecklow and Anna Belle Emery are revising our bylaws. They will be posted on our website and voted on at a later meeting. The full membership must vote on them.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer – no report, but Sue said that there will be another meeting for those interested in the DAR on Thursday, January 19 in the Havasu Room.
- February Meeting – Bonnie McGregor – Looking for volunteers to bring cupcakes to that meeting. They can be any kind, but the committee requests white frosting on them. If you sign up, please indicate whether you will bring 1 or 2 dozen.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – no report.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – 4 x 6 and copies only. Please provide information about who, how related to you, etc.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson and Melba Niemuth – sign-up sheet to bring cookies is available for March through May.
- Programs – Karen Haider – no report.
- SIGs – Cleo Wolfe – You must sign up for the Writing SIG as there is a waiting list. No German or Irish SIGs this month. See our website for information on SIGs.
There being no old or new business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 1:25 PM.
The next meeting will be held on January 10, 2012.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary