The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Darwin Thornton at 1 PM. Darwin welcomed 66 members and 1 guest.
- Dues – a reminder that dues for 2012 are now due. $15 per person/$25 per couple.
- Genealogy Club Shirts – Samples available to view. Order blanks in the back and on web site.
- Courtyard Sale – Kathy Davidson – Sale will be Saturday March 31. Signup sheets to help available at February and March meetings. Please look around for things you can donate. Darwin added that he has a pickup and could pick up bigger items, preferably closer to the date of the sale.
- By-laws – Norma Schellberg. Norma thanked her committee (Russ Krecklow and Anna Belle Emery [who replaced the late Liz Kelly]) who have updated the by-laws which have been approved by the Board. The amended by-laws must be voted on by the club members and the vote will take place at the February meeting. The marked-up draft amendments (showing what has been added or deleted) and the final draft version will be posted on our website and on the bulletin board in the research room at least two weeks prior to the meeting. Please call Norma if you have questions.
- Club Fair – Karen Hasselbach – Fair is Friday, January 20 from 1 – 3 PM. Karen passed around a sign-up sheet to assist in set up and participating during the Fair.
Minutes of December meeting – it was moved and seconded that the minutes be approved as written and posted on the website.
December Treasurer’s Report – Posted on website; will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow – Requested that facilitators sign up early to reduce the number of email messages sent out.
- Beginners’ Class – Barb Krecklow – The class started last Friday and is full. A sign-up sheet for next year’s class is available so that people who leave for part of the year have a chance to sign up before they leave.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer – It will be changed in the next week or so.Check it out.
- February Meeting – Sue Huffer – The social hour will be at the end of themeeting, so please plan to stay a little longer after the regular meeting.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – Joan had signup sheets available for several of the following events.
- Saturday, January 14 – Pima County GS meeting at UMC. Speaker is Matt Kaplan on Using DNA in genealogical research.
- Thursday, January 19, Green Valley GS meets.
- Friday and Saturday, January 20 and 21 – Family History Expo in Mesa
- Saturday, January 28– Pinal County Genealogists Annual Workshop in Casa Grande
- Saturday, February 18 – GSVS Workshop andSeminar
- Saturday, February 18 – West Valley GS Annual Seminar (Sun City) Phoenix
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – will be getting new photos from beginners’ class.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson and Melba Niemuth – doing well with sign-up for March and April.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow – As of start of meeting, we have 82 paid members.Does not count those who paid their dues today.
- Programs – Karen Haider – Thank you to those who filled out the survey.The committee is reviewing results as they plan programs for next year.
- SIGS – Cleo Wolf – sign-up sheets in back of room.Information on individual SIGs is on the website.
- DAR and SAR (Sons of the American Revolution) – Sue Huffer – information meeting January 19, 1:30 PM, Havasu Room.
Announcement that next month’s Computer Club’s meeting program is related to genealogy. Meeting is second Monday of the month and is open to all.Watch website for more details.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:36 PM.
Next meeting is Tuesday, February 14, at 1 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary