If you have a few (or maybe many) minutes to take a peek at what your home town or another location looked like, try the web site: www.whatwasthere.com This site is tied into Google Maps. You can see pictures of buildings old and newer, parks, etc. and the street locations where the pictures were shot. You also can then look at the street scene as it is today – sometimes sad but interesting. Have fun!
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Tentative Schedule of Monthly Meetings
Monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, October through May, at 1:oo pm in the Hohokam/Navajo Rooms in the Activity Center.
- October 10, 2023 – Secrets of Ancestry Searches
- November 14, 2023 – Military Research
- December 12, 2023 – Sun City Road Show & Holiday Party
- January 9, 2024 – Newspapers
- February 13, 2024 – TBA
- March 12, 2024 – TBA
- April 9, 2024 – Irish Genealogy
- May 14, 2024 – American Ancestors
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 56,967 hits
- Backgrounds: Subtle Patterns and Background Labs
- Clipart: WebWeaver
- Photo Editor: PicMonkey