The meeting was called to order at 1 PM by President Mike Carroll. Mike welcomed 64 members and 1 guest.
- Shirley Dubansky has volunteered to run for Treasurer of the Society.
- The Pima County GS meets this Saturday at UMC.
- The Green Valley GS meeting has been moved to Thursday, March 22.
- Courtyard Sale – The sale is Saturday, March 31. Kathy Davidson sent around a sign-up sheet for volunteers to assist. Donations can be taken to Mike Carroll’s home. Please bring items that you no longer need like household decorations, small appliances, etc.
- Club shirts can be ordered.
The minutes of the February 14 meeting were approved as posted on the website.
The February Treasurer’s report, as posted on the website, will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search and Beginner’s Class – Barb Krecklow – no report as Barb was not in attendance.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer – nothing on the case, but Sue mentioned that those interested in the DAR are invited to a meeting on March 22 from 1 to 3 PM.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – In addition to those mentioned by Mike (above) Joan announced a field trip to learn about Tucson’s Pioneers to be held on March 24, from 9 – 11:30 AM. The tour will include visits to graveyards, historical interpretation and family history.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – always looking for pictures.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson and Melba Niemuth – need volunteers for May refreshments.
- Library – Mike Carroll – “Genealogy at a Glance” pamphlets will be available in the library tomorrow. We also have new books on writing your genealogy available.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow – We have 140 members plus a few in the works.
- Programs – Karen Haider – no report.
- SIGS – Cleo Wolf – see website for details for SIGS.
- The slate of candidates for next year was introduced:
- President – Mike Carroll
- Vice President – Darwin Thornton
- Secretary – Kathy Davidson
- Treasurer – Shirley Dubansky
- Member-at-Large – Mary Cornell
- 1940 Census – Darwin talked about the census that will be coming out on April 2 and the need for indexers. He is planning a short training session on indexing for those interested in volunteering. Sue Huffer presented a short program showing how to better search for information in census data.
The next meeting is April 10. Refreshments will be offered after the program.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:40 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary