The meeting was called to order by President Mike Carroll at 1 PM. Mike welcomed 36 members and 2 visitors (who joined before they left the meeting).
- The SCVGS indexing group has submitted over 25,000 names to Family Search.
- Green Valley GS doesn’t meet again until October.
- SaddleBrooke may meet in the summer but no info is available at this time.
- Pima County GS meets at 1 PM on Saturday, May 19 at UMC. Jo Clark will speak on patriotic societies and Barbara Salyer on military and civil service records.
Minutes of April General Meeting: It was moved, seconded, and approved by voice vote that the minutes be approved as written.
The April Treasurer’s Report was posted on the website on April 30 and will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search, Beginner’s Class – Barb Krecklow – sign up for next year’s beginner’s class is available.
- Display Case – no report
- Field Trips – none this month
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – new photos up on wall in genealogy room.
- Hospitality – no report
- Library – no report
- Membership – Russ Krecklow – we have 152 paid members. (One hundred fifty-four after the meeting was over.)
- Programs – Karen Haider – Please see the Calendar page of our website for a list of speakers and topics lined up for next year.
Mike introduced Shirley Dubansky and Mary Cornell who will take office as Treasurer and Member-at-Large, respectively. Mike Carroll, Darwin Thornton and Kathy Davidson will continue in their offices for another year.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:10 PM.
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 9, at 1 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary