The meeting was called to order at 1 PM by President Mike Carroll.
Mike welcomed 47 members and 3 guests.
- Please sign up at our website (scvgs.org) if you haven’t already.
- Green Valley meets Thursday, Oct. 18 at 1 pm. Margaret Rennaker on “What You Can Find at the Courthouse.” Details at the GVGS website.
- SaddleBrooke meets Thursday Nov. 1 at 1 pm. Marci Lindley on “Homestead Records.” Details at SBGS website.
- Pima County meets Saturday, Oct. 20 for an Oktoberfest luncheon at the Benedictine Monastery. Steve Packer on German genealogy. Steve will speak on the same topic at our Nov. meeting but if you want to see the Monastery, you can see him on Oct. 20.
- Club polo shirts can be ordered. We have more colors. Contact Darwin Thornton.
- The National Genealogy Society is meeting in Las Vegas in May of 2013. See their website if you’re interested.
The minutes of the May 8, 2012 meeting were approved as posted on our website.
The September Treasurer’s report was posted on Oct. 8 and will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search and Beginner’s Class – Barb Krecklow – the Beginner’s Class is full and there is a waiting list.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer would be happy to have a helper.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy – none this month.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – 4” x 6”; copies only please.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson and Melba Niemuth – looking for new members to help with transition in mind. Need people to sign up to bring goodies.
- Library – Mike Carroll – looking for volunteers.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow – we have 162 members.
- Programs – Karen Haider – Also looking for volunteers. Mike mentioned that there are several conferences scheduled in January and February and they are a good way to find speakers.
- SIGs – Cleo Wolf – No Family Tree Maker SIG this month. German SIG will meet in Nov. Sign-up sheets for Legacy and Colonial Virginia SIGs are in back.
No new business.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at 1 PM.
Speaker today is Patti Albaugh from the SaddleBrooke GS, “Holiday Letters as Genealogy.”
Meeting adjourned at 1:18 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary