Every year since 2004, the Surgeon General of the United States has
asked that we observe the day after Thanksgiving as Family Health
History Day. From his website: “Over the holiday or at other times
when families gather, the Surgeon General encourages Americans to talk
about, and to write down, the health problems that seem to run in
their families. Learning about their families’ health histories may
help ensure a longer, healthier future together.” One can begin
compiling that family health history with assistance from the
following website: <https://familyhistory.hhs.gov>. Researching our
families’ health histories may just provide us with even more reasons
to be grateful, since the health data we collect may help us extend
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 8, 2019 Paper Trail of Death by Amy Urman of Nosy Wilma, LLC
- February 12, 2019 MindMapping by Nicole Elder Dyer
- March 12, 2019 MyHeritage by Sue Cerri from Sunflower Genealogy Club
- April 9, 2019 What Does Your Handwriting Reveal about your Self Confidence by Vesta Abel
- May 14, 2019 – to be announced
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 44,285 hits