Minutes of the November General Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 1PM by President Mike Carroll. In attendance were 51 members and 2 guests.
• Pima County GS has not yet announced their December meeting agenda.
• Green Valley GS meets Thurs. Nov. 15th. Susanne Brayer is speaking about “Wills & Probate.”
• SaddleBrooke GS will hold its Christmas Luncheon in December, no regular meeting.
Updates on the above clubs can be viewed at the links provided on our website scvgs.org
Minutes of the October 13th meeting were approved as posted on the website.
October’s Treasurer’s report has been filed for audit.
• Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow – Facilitators are still needed and can be trained by Barb any Friday morning that she is scheduled to work the lab. There is a waiting list for the Beginners’ Class scheduled for January 2013.
• Display Case – Sue Huffer – Sue made a plea for a helper to come forward. She assured the group that it will not take much of your valuable time to plan and create the display.
• Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis is always looking for old photos (copies only, please) that can be placed on the back wall of the lab. (Always interesting to see the styles of attire)
• Hospitality – Shirley Nelson – needs volunteers to each bring 3 doz. cookies for next March, April & May 2013.
• Library – Mike Carroll – 2 new books have been ordered so watch the website for news on their arrival.
• Membership – Russ K. announced that we have 167 paid members.
• Programs – Karen Haider – announced that the committee is putting together a list of possible speakers for Oct. 2013 thru May 2014. If you have heard a speaker with an interesting topic, please contact Karen H.
• SIGs – Cleo Wolf – signup sheets are always available at the back of the room during our general meeting. Members are urged to seek help from the various groups.
There was no New Business.
The next meeting is December 11th. David Fryxell will speak on the 1940 Census.
Meeting was adjourned at 1:25 PM.
Respectfully submitted for the Secretary by
Darwin Thornton, VP