President Michael Carroll called the meeting to order at 1 PM. Sixty-five members and one guest were present.
- Dues are now due for the coming calendar year.
- Green Valley meeting on Dec. 20th at 1 PM. Clarice Bird on “What Laws governed your ancestors?” Details at GVGS website.
- SaddleBrooke next meeting is Thursday, Jan. 3. Amy Urman will speak on finding death, cemetery and obituary records.
- Pima County GS. Next meeting is Sat. Jan. 19 at 1 PM at UMC; Barbara Salyer on PERSI (periodical research), Sandy Chan on WorldCat. Our website has links to all of the above.
- There are several upcoming workshops and conventions coming soon, including the Family History Expo on Jan. 18-19 in Mesa. There are 2 LDS seminars on Jan. 26 – one in Tucson at Langley and one in Casa Grande. February has two single-speaker multi-talk events: Jay Fonkert CG in Green Valley on Sat. Feb. 16 and Mark Lowe CG in Sun City Phoenix on Saturday, Feb. 23. See our website for links.
The minutes of the November General meeting were approved as posted.
There were no questions on the Nov. Treasurer’s Report and it will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow said that the Beginner’s Class will start on the first Friday in January.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer said the DAR SIG will not meet in December, but will meet in Jan., Feb., and March.
- Field Trips – Joan Eddy and Dianne Parrott are going to the Expo in January and have room for 2 people.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – while visiting with family over the holidays, see if they have any old photos. Karen Jonaitis is always happy to accept photos. 4×6; copies only; provide information.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson thanked those who brought goodies today.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 175 members. The number will change on Jan. 1 when dues are due.
- SIGs – Cleo Wolf said there will be no Irish or German SIGs this month. There will be one on Legacy, Family Tree, and Colonial Virginia.
New Business: None
Speaker: The speaker of the day was David Fryxell speaking on the 1940 census. A raffle was held for a copy of his new book, “Good Old Days, My Ass.” Darold Cutsinger won the raffle.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 8 and the speaker will be Sherri Haskell on Ancestry.com.
The meeting was adjourned by Mike at 1:27 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary