I recently was introduced to a nifty, sometimes humorous, blog for the genealogist. It is called “Daily Genealogy Transcriber”. The blogger has a picture of actual handritten signatures taken from the archives of many collections. If you feel up to the challenge to “transcribe” the name, you are invited to post what you think is the correct spelling. In a few days the blogger will confirm the correct name in a reply post. You can go back in the “Blog Archive” and scroll down to give yourself a real test. I had trouble with more than a few of the signatures. Click on this link: http://genealogytranscriber.blogspot.com. The site is free and will be fun to check it out each day.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 8, 2019 Paper Trail of Death by Amy Urman of Nosy Wilma, LLC
- February 12, 2019 MindMapping by Nicole Elder Dyer
- March 12, 2019 MyHeritage by Sue Cerri from Sunflower Genealogy Club
- April 9, 2019 What Does Your Handwriting Reveal about your Self Confidence by Vesta Abel
- May 14, 2019 – to be announced
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 43,677 hits