Vice President Darwin Thornton called the meeting to order at 1 PM.
The meeting was attended by 71 members and 3 guests.
- Green Valley meets Thursday, April 18 at 1 PM. They will have a panel discussion on best advice for, and mistakes to avoid, in genealogical research.
- Pima County meets Saturday, April 20 at 1 PM at UMC. Colleen McHugh will speak on “Indirect Evidence.”
- SaddleBrooke’s next meeting is Thursday, May 2. Suzanne Brayer will speak on “Evaluating Genealogical Evidence.”
- The National Genealogical Society’s annual conference is in Las Vegas next month, May 8 – 11. Darwin is attending and will be writing a blog on our website.
The minutes of the March General meeting were approved as posted on our website on March 16.
The March Treasurer’s Report, posted on March 31, 2013, will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow – signup sheets for facilitators were available at the meeting. The goal is to keep the room open as much as possible.
- Club Shirts – Darwin Thornton – he has a Men’s Large Denim shirt available for $25.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer – it will be changed soon. Sue mentioned two other items. First, Ancestory.com is making international marriages records available for free beginning April 16. Second, there was an article in the paper that the Jewish Genealogy Society is meeting on April 14.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – there are new pictures up. Always looking for more. They can be left in her drawer in our room. Please include as much information as you can about any photos you leave.
- Hospitality – Shirley Nelson and Melba Niemuth – Need one more person to bring cookies to the May meeting. Also had the signup sheet for October available.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow – we have 165 members.
- Programs – Karen Haider – Our speaker today is Suzanne Brayer and next month it will be Chris Seggerman on Handwriting.
- SIGS – Legacy and Family Tree are meeting this month.
- The slate of candidates for Officers for 2013-2014, as announced last month, were voted on and approved. They are: President Darwin Thornton; Vice-President Peggy Lombard; Secretary Margie O’Hare; Treasurer Shirley Dubansky, and Member-at-Large, Mary Cornell.
- Irma Franke was named Volunteer of the Year. Irma has been involved with the Society since its beginnings and has donated much time to the organization. We all appreciate it very much.
The next General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 14.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:25 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary