President Mike Carroll called the meeting to order at 1 PM.
The meeting was attended by 31 members.
- The next meeting of the Green Valley GS will be in October.
- Pima County GS meets Saturday May 18 at 1 PM at UMC. Jodi Strait will discuss planning a research trip and Sherri Hessick’s talk is titled, “When Enough is Enough! Or is it?”
- SaddleBrooke’s next meeting is Thursday, June 6. No program has been announced.
- The Federation of Genealogical Societies annual conference is August 21-24 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Allen County Public Library is one of the hosts.
The minutes of the April 9 meeting were approved as posted on the website.
The Treasurer’s Report for April will be filed for audit.
- Ancestral Search – Barb Krecklow – Barb and Russ had signup sheets available at the meeting for facilitators in the lab in May and June. There is still room in next year’s Beginner’s Class.
- Shirts – Darwin Thornton – call Darwin if you are interested in either the polo or denim shirts. Darwin also reported on the NGS Conference held last week in Las Vegas. His blogs were available on our website. He said there were about 2,000 people there and recommended attending one of the conferences if you have an opportunity. Next year’s will be held in Richmond, VA. He came away with lots to think about.
- Display Case – Sue Huffer – Sue said it is fine for now. Will be changing this summer.
- Genealogy Tree Photos – Karen Jonaitis – keep those photos coming.
- Hospitality – Melba Niemuth thanked those who brought cookies and other goodies today. Signup sheets for this fall were available.
- Membership – Russ Krecklow reported that we have 169 members.
- Programs – Karen Haider said that information on next year’s programs will be posted on the website.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) – they do not meet during the summer.
New Business: There was none.
The speaker for the day was Chris Seggerman on “Examining Handwriting.”
The next General Meeting will be Tuesday, October 8, 2013.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:21 PM.
Kathy Davidson, Secretary