Not very often do we place this reminder to our members, but as with each year and the number of new members coming into the club lab rooms we need to point this out. When you have finished your session in one of the databases, e.g. Ancestry, Fold3, Genealogy Bank, please close out the site with the large red X in the top right corner. DO NOT use the “Log Out” feature on each site. If you close the site this way, it is necessary for Russ or an officer to come down and put in the user name and password again. This saves time for all of us, especially the next user of that computer. Thanks.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 50,996 hits