I have just received notification from the Green Valley Genealogical Society of their seminar scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014. The speaker will be Marian Pierre-Louis, a prominent speaker on the circuit or you may find her at the town hall searching for deeds, probate court and cemetery records. Her subject will be New England Research with interesting sounding topics including, “Don’t Call Your Relatives, Let Them Call You”.
Pre-registration is required and forms can be found on their web site: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~azgvgs/ . The time is now for planning to attend a seminar such as this one.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 51,024 hits