The Society Board discussed the issue put forth by a member who is still working a 40-hour week and suggested we open the lab on evenings or a Saturday. Night times would be unacceptable as the building is closed, so we have a monitor who will open the lab this coming Saturday, Jan. 25th from 9AM until 12 noon. We will open the Lab at least once a month for the foreseeable future. If you are one of those 5-day a week workers, why not become a monitor yourself, then the Saturdays can be open more often. Contact Barb Krecklow if you are interested.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 49,765 hits