The Beginners’ Class has now populated our membership with 20 more members who, I am sure, want to use those new found tools and instructions to begin research into their family histories. If you are one of those recent ‘graduates’ and would like some more direct, one-on-one assistance, we have some mentors that will be willing to help. Drop me an email at: email@example.com with “Mentoring” written in the Subject Line. Tell me what area of assistance you might wish to begin with and we’ll get the two of you together. Remember, mentoring is conducted at the lab at the close of the 1PM – 3PM time slot so as to avoid a hindrance to other members at the computers. Logically, if no monitor is on the schedule for a particular slot, the mentor may use the lab but close the door to other members. And a big “Thank You” to Barb Krecklow for another successful class.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through May 2022 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building or via Zoom as noted.
- January 17, 2022 – German Genealogy by Laurie Castillo (+ Zoom)
- February 21, 2022– What’s New in Family Tree Maker by Mark Olsen (+Zoom)
- March 21, 2022 – History of Oro Valley by Jim Williams
- April 18, 2022 – Get to Know the Genealogy Library hosted by the Club Officers
- May 16, 2022 – No Meeting – See May 4th posted for additional information.
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 54,802 hits