The Beginners’ Class has now populated our membership with 20 more members who, I am sure, want to use those new found tools and instructions to begin research into their family histories. If you are one of those recent ‘graduates’ and would like some more direct, one-on-one assistance, we have some mentors that will be willing to help. Drop me an email at: email@example.com with “Mentoring” written in the Subject Line. Tell me what area of assistance you might wish to begin with and we’ll get the two of you together. Remember, mentoring is conducted at the lab at the close of the 1PM – 3PM time slot so as to avoid a hindrance to other members at the computers. Logically, if no monitor is on the schedule for a particular slot, the mentor may use the lab but close the door to other members. And a big “Thank You” to Barb Krecklow for another successful class.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 8, 2019 Paper Trail of Death by Amy Urman of Nosy Wilma, LLC
- February 12, 2019 MindMapping by Nicole Elder Dyer
- March 12, 2019 MyHeritage by Sue Cerri from Sunflower Genealogy Club
- April 9, 2019 What Does Your Handwriting Reveal about your Self Confidence by Vesta Abel
- May 14, 2019 – to be announced
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 44,289 hits