The Beginners’ Class has now populated our membership with 20 more members who, I am sure, want to use those new found tools and instructions to begin research into their family histories. If you are one of those recent ‘graduates’ and would like some more direct, one-on-one assistance, we have some mentors that will be willing to help. Drop me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mentoring” written in the Subject Line. Tell me what area of assistance you might wish to begin with and we’ll get the two of you together. Remember, mentoring is conducted at the lab at the close of the 1PM – 3PM time slot so as to avoid a hindrance to other members at the computers. Logically, if no monitor is on the schedule for a particular slot, the mentor may use the lab but close the door to other members. And a big “Thank You” to Barb Krecklow for another successful class.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,593 hits