FamilySearch will soon release a feature called “hinting.” With this powerful tool, the site will automatically search for records that match people in your family tree. When you go to an ancestor’s page we will show you what we have found just for that person amongst our vast collections of records. That’s right—FamilySearch does the searching, and finding, for you!
The high quality matches the site finds will automatically be provided in the new Record Hints box added to the ancestor page in FamilySearch Family Tree. No more looking through hundreds of search results. The system does the heavy lifting for you!!! It really is that easy!
When launched, this new hinting feature will go through the vast FamilySearch database of records and find the records for you that hinting thinks might be about your specific ancestor. Just click and confirm the ones that are correct! We think you’ll be impressed.
The new hinting technology, along with other new quick attach features we’ve added (see the links at the end of this article), will give you the ability to quickly attach records to multiple ancestors at once, and will really make finding and adding ancestors to your tree a fantastic experience.
To take advantage of this powerful new feature when it is available, there are a few things you can do now to prepare to make this new hints feature really work:
• Register and login. Make sure that your username and password work.
• Check your data. The better your ancestors’ data is, the better we will be able to match records and provide you with good hints. Check names, dates, places, relationships, and so forth.
• Add any new data to your tree as you find it. The more data you have on your ancestors, the better will be the likelihood of a quality hint. So, if your tree looks a little bare, add what you know, and fill in as much as you can. It will definitely help.
These features combine to make family history so much easier. All you will have to do to use it is:
1. Put what information you know about your ancestors into your family tree.
2. Review the record hints we find for you.
3. Click to attach the ones that are correct. (We think that most of them will be!)
If there are other people on the records, we will even help you find more about them. We’ll also help you find people on the records that are missing from your family tree. When you click to easily add these new people, voila!, you now have new sources added to your family tree!
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Tentative Schedule of Monthly Meetings
Monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, October through May, at 1:oo pm in the Hohokam/Navajo Rooms in the Activity Center.
- October 10, 2023 – Secrets of Ancestry Searches
- November 14, 2023 – Military Research
- December 12, 2023 – Sun City Road Show & Holiday Party
- January 9, 2024 – Newspapers
- February 13, 2024 – TBA
- March 12, 2024 – TBA
- April 9, 2024 – Irish Genealogy
- May 14, 2024 – American Ancestors
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 57,023 hits
- Backgrounds: Subtle Patterns and Background Labs
- Clipart: WebWeaver
- Photo Editor: PicMonkey