As you have heard me say often during our meetings, I feel that we cannot get enough education and information to help us in our passion of genealogy research. That is why I push attending the local conferences or the occasional major 4-day conferences of NGS or FGS. Now I personally use Legacy as my “tree software”. You may prefer Family Tree Maker or Reunion or one of the many others, but I’ve had Legacy on my computers since the early 2000s. One of the main reasons for this is because of the support that Legacy gives to its subscribers. Legacy has just announced their 2015 schedule of Webinars and as I look through the listings I place the interesting ones in my Outlook calendar. These webinars are FREE (except members-only bonus webinars) and you can even watch them free for the next 7 days after the presentation. If you don’t know what a webinar is, think of it as sitting at your computer in your jammies and there are a thousand others like you around the world in the comfort of their homes listening and watching the slides of the many speakers who will present a variety of topics. These webinars are scheduled each Wednesday (and sometimes on Friday). Further information is on their website: LegacyFamilyTree.com . I’ve copied and pasted below just the first paragraph of their news release. If you have a further question, drop me an email at: email@example.com
Millennia Corporation and FamilyTreeWebinars.com are pleased to announce that registration is now open for its 2015 Legacy Family Tree Webinar Series. Choose from 58 classes from genealogy’s leading educators (approximately 87 hours of free genealogy education) on topics ranging from genealogy technology to in-depth research methodologies and evidence analysis. See the complete schedule below.
We’ve added several new features to our 2015 webinar series:
• Evening webinars! For those who work during the day to support their genealogy habits, we have scheduled at least one evening webinar per month.
• Popular speaker and writer, Marian Pierre-Louis, will guest-host our evening webinars.
• Beginners series. Accredited Genealogist, Peggy Lauitzen, will present a three-class series designed especially for beginners.
• Researching with Karen! series. Submit your research problem to Karen for a chance to have personalized recommendations explained during the live webinar.
• Subscribers-only bonus webinars. Another new membership benefit for Annual and monthly webinar subscribers – private bonus webinars presented by Thomas MacEntee and Judy Russell.
• See which webinars you have registered for (another perk for webinar subscribers). Just login and the green check-marks appear!
Sign up for one or for all of them today (so you don’t forget later) and you will receive a reminder email both one day and one hour prior to the live event.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 50,966 hits