I previously posted that two of our machines had problems found during the bi-annual maintenance. The #3 needed a new RAM memory stick (as they are sometimes called). That has been changed and the #2 machine has gone to the bench to repair potential damage from 2 Trojan viruses. Where they came from and how did this happen can be expected when we have public computers available to so many members. The viruses are being isolated and removed and a diligent search for remaining bad sectors will complete the repair. It should be available for return to the room on Tuesday afternoon.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 56,057 hits