Dick Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter is the best-known genealogy blog; if you haven’t seen it take a look. His short posts often circulate info he got from others. This week, though, he wrote a long article himself: Genealogy Cruises versus Convention Centers. He should have left out the convention center bit as it’s apples to oranges. But most of the article is devoted to cruises and gives specifics on a number of them. If you’re thinking of taking a cruise anyway, you might want to pick one with a genealogical garnish.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Tentative Schedule of Monthly Meetings
Monthly meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month, October through May, at 1:oo pm in the Hohokam/Navajo Rooms in the Activity Center.
- October 10, 2023 – Secrets of Ancestry Searches
- November 14, 2023 – Military Research
- December 12, 2023 – Sun City Road Show & Holiday Party
- January 9, 2024 – Newspapers
- February 13, 2024 – TBA
- March 12, 2024 – TBA
- April 9, 2024 – Irish Genealogy
- May 14, 2024 – American Ancestors
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 57,017 hits
- Backgrounds: Subtle Patterns and Background Labs
- Clipart: WebWeaver
- Photo Editor: PicMonkey