We have a new book in our genealogy library: Marriages of Amelia County, Virginia, 1735 – 1815. 165 pp. Compiled by Kathleen Booth Williams and first published in 1961, the book is still under copyright and is not available online. I couldn’t find this in the Ancestry.com card catalog either. “Not everything is in computers” as someone used to say.
The marriages are from Amelia County. Records are listed alphabetically by the husband’s name. There are two indexes: one to brides, one to “sureties and others.”
The book is shelved in US/Virginia. It’s part of our growing collection on Virginia marriages:
- Culpeper County Marriages, 1780-1853
- Marriages of Shenandoah County Virginia, 1882 – 1915
- Charlotte County, Virginia, 1816-1850, marriage bonds and ministers’ returns
- Marriage Notices from Richmond, Virginia Newspapers, 1841-1853
- First Marriage Records of Augusta County, Virginia, 1785-1813