Thank you all very much for the “Volunteer of the Year” award. You caught me flat-footed, not knowing what to say. I still don’t. Thanks!
Suzanne Brayer gave us an informative talk on proof & evidence yesterday. At the beginning she mentioned some books. Our library has copies of all of them and a couple more:
- Christine Rose, “Genealogical Proof Standard: building a solid case” (2005, 58 pp.);
- Elizabeth Shown Mills, “Evidence! Citation & Analysis for the Family Historian” (1997, 124 pp.);
- Elizabeth Shown Mills, “Evidence Explained” (2009, 585 pp.);
- Board for the Certification of Genealogists, “Genealogy Standards: Fiftieth Anniversary Edition” (2014, 100 pp.);
- Thomas Jones, “Mastering Genealogical Proof” (2013, 178 pp.).
The first three are on the “Research” shelf and the last two in “No Circulation.”