At the March meeting, Barb Krecklow announced a Legacy Family Tree webinar for the beginner. It will be a 3-part series taught by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1st at 11 AM, Tucson time. Click on this link: http://www.familytreewebinars.com and then again on the “More Details & Registration” link by Peggy’s picture. It’s FREE to anyone, but if you are not a member of the Legacy Webinars, you will not be able to download the syllabus offered. The following sessions are scheduled near the first week of the next two months and you can register now for those events. If you are free tomorrow and are wanting to start your education, this would be a great place to begin. By the way, if you do register, I would urge you to join the webinar by 10:35-10:40 AM. They only allow the first 1,000 to listen to the live session.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 56,059 hits