At the March meeting, Barb Krecklow announced a Legacy Family Tree webinar for the beginner. It will be a 3-part series taught by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, April 1st at 11 AM, Tucson time. Click on this link: http://www.familytreewebinars.com and then again on the “More Details & Registration” link by Peggy’s picture. It’s FREE to anyone, but if you are not a member of the Legacy Webinars, you will not be able to download the syllabus offered. The following sessions are scheduled near the first week of the next two months and you can register now for those events. If you are free tomorrow and are wanting to start your education, this would be a great place to begin. By the way, if you do register, I would urge you to join the webinar by 10:35-10:40 AM. They only allow the first 1,000 to listen to the live session.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 51,787 hits