December’s display case will feature our members’ photos and memorabilia for Christmas and Hanukkah. If you have any photos of holiday gatherings, holiday decorations, old ornaments, dreidels, small menorahs or any other small items you feel are pertinent to these holidays and would like to share them, please leave your memorabilia in the designated box in the Genealogy Room before Thursday, 11/26 (Thanksgiving). Photocopies of photos are encouraged and photos of memorabilia can also be used. Be sure to label each item with your name and telephone number. Items will be returned at the Genealogy meeting in January or available in the Genealogy Room after 1/4/16. Any questions or concerns: Helen Jennette, firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-6332.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,311 hits