Our January meeting was Tuesday the 12th. Here are the minutes and various other items:
- Minutes: Our secretary Frances Everson did her usual speedy job of providing the Meeting Minutes. Have a look if you missed the meeting or like me went to it but don’t remember.
- Talk: David Fryxell spoke on “The Power of Names.” His talk was entertaining as always but we didn’t capture that. Anybody got a camcorder for next time? The informational part may be found in the PDF files containing the handout and the slides he showed us.
- Monday January 18th is Martin Luther King Day. The Welcome Center is closed and so too are our club rooms and the SCOV Library.
- Casa Grande: Saturday January 23rd is the Pinal County Genealogy Workshop in Casa Grande. Here are links to the registration form and the syllabus.
- Langley: Saturday January 30th is the Family History Fair at the Tucson Family History Center. No registration is required. Here are links to the announcement and the syllabus.
- FindMyPast workshops: Since FindMyPast is a new database in our club rooms, I’m running one-time workshops on it on Saturday mornings. This Saturday is full and the 23rd has only one opening so I added one for the 30th. You may sign up either by going to our January calendar or by responding to this message.