SUN CITY VISTOSO GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
Oct. 12, 2016
Welcome New Members-
Welcome Visitors & Guests
“Wait ‘til you hear what I found.”
Minutes of May 10 meeting, posted May 12 – Minutes were approved.
Treasurer’s Report- June, July & Aug. reports were posted Oct. 11; will be filed for audit.
1. Mentoring- Help Sessions- Holly Gibson – Check calendar for a help day
2. Membership- Mary Barr, Acting Membership – 175 paid members; 60 members present
3. Library Committee – Michael Carroll- absent
4. Genealogy Room Photos- Karen Jonaitis- displays on the tree of pictures. Of course, we’re
always looking for more.
5. SIG’s (Special Interest Groups)
Legacy Family Tree- Barb Krecklow- Meets 1st Tuesday- Conference Room #3;
DAR- Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson. Meet Jan, Feb & Mar. Any current questions,
Family Tree Maker- Rich Schlesinger. Ease of using Roots Magic. Absent
DNA- Teri & Art Petty. 3rd Wed, 1 PM
6. Program Committee- Karen Hasselbach – speakers for Oct-May of 2016-2017 are set for
7. Monitor Training – Joan Allen, proud of the hours the genealogy lab was open in the
8. Field Trips –
i. Green Valley, Feb 4, 9-3, Thomas MacEntee, speaker approx. $50
ii. 2016 Family History Conference ASU Institute of Religion, Sat., Oct 29, 9 – 4:20 PM
iii. Green Valley is celebrating 40th Anniversary, Thurs., Oct 20, 1-3 PM
iv. Pima County Genealogy, Free viewing till Friday 6 hours, seminars in Salt Lake
9. Display Case – Helen & Bob Jennette- Program speakers for Oct, thru May
10. Hospitality – Carol Fouch & Carol Bowman – Planning for 25th Anniversary Party next month.
11. Search/Beginners Class – Barb Krecklow- $20, Jan. 2017; Class is full with waiting list.
12. Surnames – ask if the members would review them at their convenience for accuracy
a. Nov. our SCVGS will celebrate 25th anniversary
b. Co-treasurer resigned because of health. Mary Barr is acting co-treasurer. Looking
for a new co-treasurer beginning April
c. Lab closed, Friday, Nov. 4, 2016, 8 AM -12 N, Fast Rhino annual service of the 6
computers in genealogy lab,.
Nov. speaker is David Fryxell, 101 Best Websites
Thank you to all the volunteers… Can’t do it without you.
Today’s Speaker: Oct 2016 is Jean White – Brick Walls
Adjourned for refreshments
President and Acting Secretary