Family History Conference, January 21, 2017 The Mesa AZ FamilySearch Library is pleased to announce a Family History Conference to start off the New Year. The conference is FREE and will be held on Saturday, January 21, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:20 p.m. at the Red Mountain Institute building on the Maricopa Community College Red Mountain campus. This facility is located near the 202 and McKellips Road, at 7126 E McKellips Road, Mesa. Our keynote speaker will be Dr. Duane Roen, the founding coordinator of the Project for Writing and Recording Family History in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts at ASU, where he serves as Dean. Attendees can choose from 7 classes each hour. Registration begins online at mesafsl.org on Thursday, December 15th.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,790 hits