Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 56,059 hits
The January topic for the SCVGS display case will be
“A RETURN TO YOUR ROOTS”
We are inviting all members who have taken trips to find their heritage to contribute written statement/stories, photos, maps, and memorabilia for the display. You may submit as little or as much as you would like to tell. The Oct/Nov issue of the AARP magazine has a great article on this subject and is helpful in explaining just what we’re looking for.
Please submit photocopies only of any valuable items or photographs. All material will be returned to all who participate.
You may bring your materials to the December meeting, place it in the Jennette mailbox in the Genealogy Lab, or call us (520-818-6332) to make arrangements to pick up your submissions. Please send any questions to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your stories about your
“Return to Your Roots”