The speaker on Tuesday is a retired state archivist, Melanie Sturgeon. She will be speaking to us about preservation of documents and photographs. Her handout is a little long (5 pages), so I will only be making a few copies for those without printers. I will also put a copy in the lab after the meeting so you can make copies if you wish. If you have a printer, please click on the link below, print a copy and bring to the meeting. Thank you.
Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 52,540 hits