The Sun City Genealogy Society November Meeting will be held on Monday, November 15th in the Catalina Vista Building. Heather will be presenting her program entitled FamilySearch/FamilyShare: Building a Worldwide Family Tree. This is a great program for everyone as it is a methodology program that applies to anyone doing genealogy. Come join the society for this program! Be sure to bring your access card or key fob for entry to Catalina Vista.
The Club board and some of our committee members have been working during the past month to make the lab and library more accessible to all members.
- A new modem has been purchased and is being installed. This will increase the speed of all of the machines in the lab.
- The club will initiate a new protocol for use of the lab and library. A review of our membership shows that approximately 80% of the club are monitors and the Board believes that all members should have access to the lab and library during the open hours of the Welcome Center. An usage agreement is being drafted and will be distributed to all members. Upon return of the agreement, members will be issued the code to the door so that members may drop in and use our resources on their own time schedule.
- The sign-up sheet for the Beginner’s Genealogy Class is now available in the lab. Karen Hasselbach will be teaching the class in January and February for a nominal fee of $20. Sign up early to reserve your space.
- A large selection of free genealogical periodicals are available in the library. Please stop by the library to browse through these periodicals for information that may assist with your research.
- Finally, the Genealogy Society hosted an Open House on November 6th. Representatives of the club talked with potential new members and we hope to see them at upcoming meetings.
Please feel free to contact me by sending your comments in the “Leave a Reply” box if you have any questions or ideas. I look forward to seeing you at the November Meeting and in the genealogy lab and library.