Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 52,801 hits
Author Archives: Cleo, Treasurer
The new Writers Special Interest Group meets tomorrow, Monday the 14th, for the first time. The meeting is at 1 p.m. in the Havasu Room (genealogy club library) in the Vistoso Center. Please feel free to bring your own laptop … Continue reading
Have you been researching for years and still have “ghost” ancestors hiding in papers or boxes? Do you dream about writing your history, but don’t know how or where to begin? Join the new small-group writing SIG and perhaps those … Continue reading
June, 2011 Income for June was $3.20 in contributions. Expenses for June were $164.95 which includes $23.00, Library books and supplies; $76.36 computer supplies and $65.59 for Comcast. The report for May contained a $.28 error in reporting the Money … Continue reading
May 2011 Income for May was $140.15. Dues were $75.00; contributions, $14.44; Sun City Foundation contribution in memory of John Merrill, $50.00; money market interest $0.74. Expenses for May were $437.36. Comcast for April and May, $131.18; Ancestry software renewal, … Continue reading
April 2011 (Revised 4/4/2011) Income for April was $85.00 in dues. Expenses for April were $40.98. This includes $35.00 for the April speaker and $5.98 for hospitality. Treasurer’s ReportSCV Genealogical SocietyApril, 2011 Beginning Cash Balance 4/1/2011 $5083.18 Total Income 85.00 … Continue reading