Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 53,013 hits
Author Archives: Sue
Ancestry.com launched a new offering called Ancestry Academy in April, and I finally had a chance to try out some of its courses this week. To access Ancestry Academy, you need either a free login or a subscription. A free … Continue reading
Our DAR members collect Labels for Education to support Indian schools around the nation. Labels are most often on soup cans, cereal boxes, and baking mixes. Look around on the back, top or bottom of the containers. Just snip them … Continue reading
Don’t forget Thursday afternoon, Mar. 19 1-3 pm, in the Library for information and assistance on research for DAR and other lineage societies. The season is getting short for chances to have help with where, how and even why to … Continue reading
Our DAR SIG will meet on Tues., Feb. 17 in the Genealogy Center library from 1-3pm. If you are curious about lineage societies – who’s eligible for membership, how to start the research process, what sites are available for Revolutionary … Continue reading
Join us on Tues., Jan. 27 from 1-3pm in The Center’s library for help with research and/or more information on finding help with DAR ancestors or qualifying for other lineage societies including Mayflower descendants. Even if you are just curious about these … Continue reading