Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,593 hits
Author Archives: Darwin
Hackers are bad, but “hacks” can be good—by which we mean technological tricks that make your genealogical life easier or simply more enjoyable. These favorite online genealogy “hacks” make websites do things you didn’t know they could do, speed up your research, or … Continue reading
AmericanAncestors.org is offering FREE access to all Pennsylvania Resources. This is their press release: May 15, 2017—Boston, Massachusetts—As one of the original thirteen colonies, Pennsylvania has a long history and many records available for tracing ancestors who lived there. Its … Continue reading
Yes, it is Easter weekend, but if you’ve never watched any Legacy Family Tree Webinars because you did not subscribe, this weekend is cause for a celebration. The following is their press release. Legacy is presenting their 500th webinar on … Continue reading
I will be sending in an order for polo and denim shirts in the next few days. If you would like to have one with our club logo embroidered on it, please call me, Darwin at 638-7024. The are several … Continue reading