Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 49,765 hits
Author Archives: Darwin
Pinal County is host to an annual workshop on Saturday, Jan. 28. I have attended these workshops before and I know there will be lectures to help everyone in their pursuit of family history. Copied below is the latest announcement. … Continue reading
We often (if you are on any genealogical website mailing lists) receive notices like this one. But NEHGS has such position in the northeast that many are seeking help from their databases. I just received this and wanted to inform … Continue reading
The meeting was attended by 38 members including 2 new members. We have 168 paid members. Officers for the 2016-17 year were elected. They are: President: Karen Hasselbach; Vice-President: Andrea Houston; Secretary: Frances Everson; Co-Treasurers: Bob Oos and Susan Norin; Director at Large: Lee … Continue reading
Norm Franke called last night to say that Irma is going to live with him in his house. So the posting yesterday by Michael is wrong. Sorry. Here is the latest and probably final address. Irma Franke 260 Souwanas Trail … Continue reading