Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,617 hits
Author Archives: Karen Hasselbach
Last Minute!!! Been thinking about the Beginner’s Class but thought it was too late to be included? Never.
Several members (5) have had to cancel the Beginner’s Genealogy Class and it’s your chance to be part of it. Yes, it does start this Friday, Jan. 12, 1 – 4 PM, Navajo Room/Activity Center. Jan. 12, 19, 26 (Skip … Continue reading
From RootDig.com, Michael John Neill’s Genealogy Website: Google That DNA Username Individuals who set up internet accounts often use the same username on multiple sites. If a DNA test submitter has no tree and does not respond to messages and you … Continue reading
Thought we would ask if you would consider finding a hole in your calendar to help monitor the genealogy lab. It looks like you have been trained as a monitor. Not sure? We have included a list of those who … Continue reading
You may want to print and bring it to the meeting. Limited handouts will be available there. Our meeting is presented by Robert M. Wilbanks IV, CIVIL WAR HISTORY: FACTS AND STATS FOR GENEALOGISTS. Because his syllabus is 11 pages I … Continue reading