Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 53,043 hits
Author Archives: Holly Gibson
Attached is the handout for the presentation by Peggy Lauritzen. Peggy will be doing her program virtually to the Sun City Genealogy Society on Monday, October 11th at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista facility at Sun City Vistoso. I … Continue reading
The first in-person for the Sun City Genealogy Society will be on Monday, October 11th at 1 PM in the Catalina Vista building. This is a new day and location for our meeting to accommodate the renovation in the Activity … Continue reading
The Welcome Center is being rekeyed today. In order to get into the Genealogy Library monitors will need to get the physical key from the Reception Desk. Please remember to return the key or the club will be charged for … Continue reading
One of our members is a member of a Genealogy Club in Washington. Their club is hosting this Zoom lecture and opening it up to anyone who is interested. Sounds like a good topic. Thanks to Kathy Cowsert for her … Continue reading
Attached are the May General Membership Meeting Minutes for the Sun City Vistoso Genealogical Society. Please take a moment to read them for updated information and review. If you have any corrections or questions, please let me know. Minutes are … Continue reading