Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,311 hits
Author Archives: Holly Gibson
At the April meeting of the Sun City Genealogy Society a consensus was reached that the club not have a formal May meeting. Members discussed that possibility of having informal meetings in the Genealogy Lab to help members understand lab … Continue reading
Please join the Sun City Genealogy Society at our monthly meeting on Monday, April 18th at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building. The topic of the meeting will be “Get to Know the Genealogy Library” hosted by the club … Continue reading
I inadvertently neglected to show this slide at the Genealogy Club meeting on Monday. Thank you for considering to making a donation to this project. The SCOV art team has been soliciting donations from the business communities since late Nov … Continue reading
Here is the link for the three videos. https://www.familysearch.org/rootstech/rtc2021/expohall/family-tree-maker And here is the discount link. https://www.mackiev.com/offers/sig_offer/index.html?coupon=SIG3NMHFPKBZB Thank you to Mark Olsen, Stefan Harms and Pierre Clouthier for a great presentation. The winner of the Door Prize is Wayne Dockter. Wayne … Continue reading