Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- December 11, 2018 Newspaper Research by Moreen Ferbie from GVGC
- January 8, 2019 Paper Trail of Death by Amy Urman of Nosy Wilma, LLC
- February 12, 2019 MindMapping by Nicole Elder Dyer
- March 12, 2019 MyHeritage by Sue Cerri from Sunflower Genealogy Club
- April 9, 2019 What Does Your Handwriting Reveal about your Self Confidence by Vesta Abel
- May 14, 2019 – to be announced
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 43,182 hits
Author Archives: Mike Carroll
We have an inquiry from someone new to Sun City. She says “I have some letters from my grandfather that are written in Polish. I was wondering if you could direct me to someone that might be able to interpret … Continue reading
While using FamilySearch, Darwin found some genealogy records for which there were images, but those images were not available on his home computer. He got a message saying he had to use a computer at a Family History Center. This … Continue reading
There’s a newish genetic genealogy website called DNA Painter. Teri & Art’s DNA SIG is on summer hiatus, but this site seems to be a natural follow-on to the last talk Teri gave on “Visual Phasing.” It automates some of … Continue reading
Our club PCs have the latest version of Windows Internet Explorer. But some sites such as Family Search have messages saying it’s no longer supported, while others like Billion Graves just don’t behave properly. So we will be switching over … Continue reading