Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- October 8, 2019 – Persi, The Periodical Source Index by Nicole Dyer
- November 12, 2019 – Comparing Family Tree Maker, Legacy and Roots Magic by Katie Gertz
- December 10, 2019 – Lineage Societies Roundtable (DAR, SAR, Mayflower, Jamestown, etc.) by Lynne Brooke, Holly Gibson, Teri Petty, Art Petty
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 45,613 hits
Author Archives: Mike Carroll
Ancestry.com is having a St. Patrick’s Day sale on its DNA test: only $59. The business about St. Pat is a lot of blarney, dontcha know, they’ll say anything to make a buck, but the price is real enough. If … Continue reading
Do you have relatives who lived in New York City in 1940? Would you like to flesh out your picture of them beyond birth/marriage/death dates? If so, you might want to have a look at New York City tax photos. … Continue reading
We have an inquiry from someone new to Sun City. She says “I have some letters from my grandfather that are written in Polish. I was wondering if you could direct me to someone that might be able to interpret … Continue reading
While using FamilySearch, Darwin found some genealogy records for which there were images, but those images were not available on his home computer. He got a message saying he had to use a computer at a Family History Center. This … Continue reading