Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 49,365 hits
Author Archives: Karen Haider
Many of you know that tomorrow Dec 31st, is the last day Ancestry will be selling Family Tree Maker. Both Legacy and Roots Magic are offering discounts through tomorrow if you are ready to make a change . Ancestry will be … Continue reading
Thank you to Pam Ingermanson for giving us such an interesting talk on Wikipedia in the FamilySearch.org website. Pam and I would like to thank Frances Rubino for telling us that Ellis Island was used as a detention camp during … Continue reading
I’ve received several posts from Nova Development telling me there is a new version of Family Tree Maker. I didn’t see any year written on the box, so I called ancestry. They told me that they do NOT know of a new … Continue reading
Buffalo Soldiers, Pioneers and Native Americans Presenter is Mark Little – Producer, Director, Scriptwriter Tuesday, July 21, at 1:30 at the Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W Naranja Drive In this entertaining presentation, Mark Little introduces the audience to stories … Continue reading
The Family Tree Maker SIG scheduled for Weds, April 22nd is cancelled. Instead, I will be available in the genealogy lab on Weds, April 29th. If you have questions regarding Family Tree Maker software, come on in.