Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 48,319 hits
Author Archives: Mary Barr
Expenses exceeded income by $55 in May, as members have finished paying dues. Our ending available balance was about $5,000. For details please see the full report.
One of our computer power supplies bit the dust ($108) and our World Explorer Plus Ancestry subscription came due ($389) so expenses were higher in April. For full details please see the April Treasurer’s Report.
We had “positive cash flow” again in February, as dues paid exceeded expenses. Our closing available balance was about $4800. For full details please see the February Report.
We collected over $1200 in dues in January. This & other income covered our expenses of about $450, and raised our available balance to $4610.47. For full details please see the January 2016 Treasurer’s Report.
Members continued to pay dues in December ($20 for one, $25 for two) so our income again exceeded our expenses, by about $500. Please see the full report for details.