Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Second Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Activity Center’s Navajo Room.
- January 14, 2020 – Preserving you Pictures and Documents by Melanie Sturgeon
- February 11, 2020 – Abbreviations and symbols found in genealogical research by Amy Urman
- March 10, 2020 – Courthouse Research by Sumner Walters
- April 14, 2020 – Searching in the Catalog in FamilySearch and a little bit about the Wiki by Pam Ingermanson
- May 12, 2020 – The Family History Guide with a little bit about what’s available at Tucson’s Family History Center East
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 48,347 hits
Author Archives: theresadpetty
DNA 101 Classes begin Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. in the Welcome Center Conference Room 3. If you registered for these classes, bring the $5 course fee, a writing implement and paper on Monday. You will receive an email … Continue reading
Teri and Art Petty will not be available in the Genealogy Library to assist those with DNA questions on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. The DNA Special Interest Group (SIG) will begin regular third Wednesday meetings on September 20, 2017 in … Continue reading
The DNA SIG meets Wednesday, April 19 at 1:00 p.m. in the Welcome Center, Conference Room 3. Our topic will be “GEDmatch.com and Triangulation”. This is Part IV (and the end) of the DNA beginners series.
The DNA SIG will meet in the Welcome Center, Conference Room 3 at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15. The topic will be “FamilyTreeDNA” – the third in the series for those new to DNA research. No pre-registration required.
The DNA SIG will meet Wednesday, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. in Conference Room 3 of the Welcome Center. The program is Part II of the Understanding DNA for Genealogy Series – “My Results Are Back. Now What?”