Dues and Membership
Annual dues are $20/person or $30/couple, payable in January for the calendar year. Checks should be made payabe to “SCVGS”. Our club is sponsored by Sun City Oro Valley. Club membership is limited to current and former residents.
Mondays through February 2023 at 1:00 pm in the Catalina Vista building and hopefully back to 2nd Tuesday meeting starting in March 2023 in the renovated Activity Center.
- October 17 – Catalina Vista – 1950 Census by Amy Urman
- November 21 – Catalina Vista – Record Preservation by Sara Cochran
- December 19 – Catalina Vista – Holiday Traditions
- January 16 – Catalina Vista – Becoming an Organized Genealogist by Debra Kabinier
- February 20 – Catalina Vista – Witchcraft
- March 14 – Activity Center – DNA Basics by Gloria Quigg
- April 11 – Activity Center – English Genealogy by Dan Poffenberger
- May 9 – Activity Center – TBS
Guests are welcome.
Number of Visits
- 55,617 hits
Author Archives: theresadpetty
DNA 101 Classes begin Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. in the Welcome Center Conference Room 3. If you registered for these classes, bring the $5 course fee, a writing implement and paper on Monday. You will receive an email … Continue reading
Teri and Art Petty will not be available in the Genealogy Library to assist those with DNA questions on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. The DNA Special Interest Group (SIG) will begin regular third Wednesday meetings on September 20, 2017 in … Continue reading
The DNA SIG meets Wednesday, April 19 at 1:00 p.m. in the Welcome Center, Conference Room 3. Our topic will be “GEDmatch.com and Triangulation”. This is Part IV (and the end) of the DNA beginners series.
The DNA SIG will meet in the Welcome Center, Conference Room 3 at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15. The topic will be “FamilyTreeDNA” – the third in the series for those new to DNA research. No pre-registration required.
The DNA SIG will meet Wednesday, February 15 at 1:00 p.m. in Conference Room 3 of the Welcome Center. The program is Part II of the Understanding DNA for Genealogy Series – “My Results Are Back. Now What?”